I warmly invite you to join us at the International Bar Association’s 2010 Annual Conference in Vancouver. Our huge network of international lawyers will surely enjoy gathering in Vancouver, with its vibrant business climate, diverse cultural background, and spectacular natural beauty. It is a perfect place for us to spend time together and share our knowledge and experience. I am pleased to note that the Prime Minister of Canada has been invited to open our conference! READ MORE
Welcome messages from the LPD, PPID and HRI Chairs
click on the images to the right
Bob Woodward, foremost journalist of his generation, announced as opening ceremony keynote speaker
The IBA is delighted to announce that Bob Woodward, the foremost journalist of his generation, will be the keynote speaker at the opening ceremony of the Annual Conference. From his defining role in revealing the full extent of the Watergate scandal, to the Supreme Court, the CIA, the Pentagon, President Clinton, the Federal Reserve, the 9/11 terrorist attacks, writing four books on the wars of President George W Bush, and now the Obama administration, Woodward has consistently found the inside, hidden story of Washington institutions and the American Presidency.
What will Vancouver 2010 offer?
Images courtesy Tourism Vancouver
Vancouver is a dynamic, multicultural city set in a spectacular natural environment. As both a vital centre of international trade and business, and a home to Canadian culture, sport and outdoor activities, Vancouver promises to be another perfect venue for the International Bar Association’s Annual Conference in 2010.
- The largest gathering of the international legal community in the world – a meeting
place of more than 4,000 lawyers and legal professionals from around the world
- More than 200 working sessions covering all areas of practice relevant to
international legal practitioners
- The opportunity to generate new business with many of the leading firms in the
world’s key cities
- Registration fee which entitles you to attend as many working sessions throughout
the week as you wish
- Continuing legal education and continuing professional development
- A variety of social functions providing ample opportunity to network and see the
city’s key sights
- Integrated guest programme
- Excursion and tours programme